Monday, August 18, 2014

MOON JELLY MONDAYS #8 - "DOCTOR KILL" (Part Two.)


Continuing on with what I said about Doctor Kill, I am going to detail the plot.

The fact of the matter is that I haven't really given the series much thought. If anything, I was writing ideas of gag strips where I was figuring out how many times I can harp on the joke that he's a skeleton.

The original story that I had in mind with Doctor Kill was that he is scientist from the future who is in a "Terminator-like" situation where he must travel back in time to prevent a crisis from happening using the power set that only he has.

Not much to that, but it's a start.

The second idea is a bit more tricky. I wanted to write a story about parallel universes.

Doctor Kill is a brilliant scientist heavily effected by an event that has left him traumatized and dissatisfied. Instead of giving in to defeat, he uses all of his knowledge to invent a means of traveling through various dimensions. His goal? To find a reality where things worked out fine for him.

That's the basic plot. Granted, that sounds more like the backstory to a villain than hero, but I've always liked the idea of parallel universe. Perhaps this will be a story of discovery where our hero has to accept the things he can't change, and will play with the idea that the grass isn't always greener.

No comments:

Post a Comment